top of page




We at beOUTbeFREE believe in opening up the world for the LGBTQ+ traveller, but we also recognise the laws in countries outside Europe can be forthcoming or confusing.  Therefore We partner with both Equaldex and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to make sure that anyone booking with us, does have the access to the best and most up-to-date LGBTQ+ travel advice anywhere in the world.



Each country has a different customs to the next, example showing your bottoms of your feet in Thailand is seen as a bad gesture, but in Spain it not even a though that crosses the mind. This goes

for law too, being gay can be a criminal offence in Dubai, so showing affection to each other is not a customary thing to do, but equally thousands upon thousands of LGBTQ+ travellers go each year to Dubai with no problems. Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you're visiting and understand how they differ from home or Europe they are. check Penalties if you get it wrong can be severe so think twice and know the risks. Check if vaccinations are required for your destination. For medical advice, visit Understand what consular staff can and can't do to help British nationals travelling overseas.

Familiarise yourself with the number of the local British Consulate in case of an emergency.


Equaldex is a collaborative knowledge base for the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, Queer, Plus) movement, visualizing LGBTQ+ rights through maps, timelines, and data. all around the world, collecting the latest information on each country to inform LGBTQ+ community of the laws and knowledge of that country.


FCO - Foreign and Commonwealth Office

The FCO updates its travel advice on a regular basis to ensure that British citizens are kept up-to-date on the latest situation in countries worldwide.

The FCO  reaches out to British nationals of all ages to advise of the most current Government Travel Advise to each country around the world. The FCO recognised that there is now a need for good quality up to date travel advise for all British citizens.  Travel advice is now also relevant during your time abroad, as well as pre-departure, to help ensure you have a safe holiday.

To assist you in obtaining your current travel advise for your chosen destination the FCO has evolved their Know Before You Go pre-departure advisory campaign into Travel Aware, which offers travel tips and information to cover both of these stages.

Travel Aware offers the following advice for people going on holiday to help make sure you have a trouble-free, enjoyable trip so you can beOUTbeFREE.


The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association is an international organization and a member-based global organization dedicated to LGBT tourism. In 2016, the association had a global presence with member businesses in more than 80 countries and global ambassadors in more than 22 countries.

The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association was founded in 1983 and is the world's leading network of LGBTQ-welcoming tourism businesses. We provide free travel resources and information while continuously working to promote equality and safety within LGBTQ tourism worldwide. IGLTA’s members include LGBTQ-friendly accommodations, transport, destinations, service providers, Travel Advisors, tour operators, events and travel media located in over 75 countries.

find out more about IGLTA



Check your passport is in date and valid, we advise you should have  at least six months remaining.

you passport is important to you and you must keep this safe, Look after them while travelling. Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture of them and/or store them online using a secure data storage site. you may need them for an emergency.


  • Check if you require a visa entry for the country you are visiting, is it a visa you obtain before you travel. (visa's are always your responsibility)

  • Be aware if its a visa on entry? there may be a cost involved? (visa's are always your responsibility

  • Some country's have and exit charge example Mexico you pay cash to leave the country, its around £50. 


Like it or love it, its a thing and some country's have a tourist tax, we will always, if we can. include this in your cost, but sometimes some country's do bill you when in resort. We will always be clear if we have included the tourist tax within your bill.


(Insurance is your responsibility, we advise taking insurance out as soon as you book, to cover your for all eventualities )

Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling, preferably as soon as you book you trip. Make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.

If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a  (EHIC) European Health Insurance Card - #9the old E111)

if you have done this is the past, make sure that  it hasn't expired and understand what it covers - you will still need travel insurance!

if you require a free EHIC card, visit

images (1).jpg


Act responsibly and be responsible for yourself when abroad. Some country's culturally or by law don't agree with same sex affection in public. when visiting some of these country's, we advise for your own safety to follow cultural customs to that country. We all want a free world, but there is a long way to go until we get there, but we will.  Always make sure you tell someone where you're going and provide them with emergency contact details. Take enough money with you and make sure you have access to emergency funds. Keep an eye on your drink and stick with your friends and/or family.

We provide you with as much information that there is possible to obtain through our partners, like Travel Aware, which aims to better prepare British travellers before you travel and while you are abroad with a view to reducing the number of problems you could face when overseas and ultimately the number of consular cases.


Always make sure you are vaccinated for all recommended vaccinations to the country you are visiting.

If you are used to moving around Europe, you become accustom to not having any vaccinations, However outside Europe there are further vaccinations that are recommended. To check to see if you require any we advise you to consultee you GP who will advise of recommended vaccinations. 

If you want to take a quick look then find out more information about vaccination and required vaccinations and recommended vaccination om you will be able to see what you may require within your chosen destination.

bottom of page